A 12 Lead ECG investigates the function of the heart’s electrical conduction system. During the test, adhesive electrodes are positioned on the chest and limbs.
An ECG is a diagnostic test that provides the Cardiologist with information about heart rate and rhythm, a previous or ongoing heart attack, heart anomalies, or as a pre and post-operative checking procedure.
What to bring/what to wear
- Women should wear comfortable, two-piece clothing as it is necessary to remove clothing from the upper body to perform the test.
- Men may require small areas on the chest to be shaved to ensure adequate skin contact.
- Do not use talc, body lotion or wear neck chains.
- The test usually takes 5-10 minutes
- Medicare Rebate available