This test involves the automatic recording of the patient’s blood pressure over a 24 hour period.
A blood pressure cuff automatically inflates and records the patient’s blood pressure at regular intervals. The readings are then analysed by a Cardiologist and a report is forwarded to the patient’s referring Doctor.
Before the monitoring begins, a Cardiac Technician informs the patient how to record any symptoms experienced whilst wearing the monitor.
What to bring/what to wear
- Please bath/shower prior to your monitor fitting, as you will NOT be able to shower/swim during the 24 hour monitoring.
- Wear a two-piece outfit, preferably loose fitting, as this enables the monitor to be worn in a discreet manner.
- Do not use talc, body lotion or wear neck chains.
- The test requires two visits, 24 hours apart, for fitting and removal of the monitor. Each consultation takes 10 to 20 minutes
- Medicare Rebate is NOT available for this test